Monday, November 16, 2015

Poki Monster - Tustin

13771 Newport Avenue
Tustin, CA 92780

Hours: 11:00am to 9:00pm daily
Poki Monster recently opened near my house, so naturally I had to go check it out. Their store is small, but cute and the employees are always friendly. The first time I went the rice was under cooked, which made me hesitant to go back, but all the other times were great. It's a little different here than most poke shops because they don't mix all the ingredients before putting it on top of the rice. They simply put the requested ingredients on top, and then finish with the sauce of your choice.

I recommend getting half rice half chips for the base, and then some salmon and albacore with your choice of toppings. I tried the spicy tuna and spicy salmon, but they weren't very good. For the sauce I like their original sauce with Volcano #1. I also get their Spicy Mayo sauce on the side, as it perfectly compliments the chips.

Overall I would give Poki Monster a 4/5. The fish is usually pretty fresh, and I like their simple flavors. A regular bowl will cost you about $8, which isn't bad at all. Definitely stop by Afters Ice Cream across the street for dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment