Sunday, November 15, 2015

Bear Flag Fish Co. - Newport Beach

7972 Pacific Coast Highway
Newport Beach, CA 92657
Hours: 11:00am to 8:00pm daily

I've been on a poke craze lately and am set out to find the best poke in OC. I heard that everyone loves Bear Flag's poke so I definitely wanted to go try it out. I ordered the $12.95 seafood plate which comes with your choice of fish and 2 sides. 

Ahi poke (4/5): I enjoyed the flavor and freshness off the ahi. 

Salmon poke (2/5): I usually love salmon, but it had a weird taste and made my stomach hurt. 

Rice (1/5): Overcooked and mushy. 

Vegetables (2/5): I like that they offer veggies as a side, but it was pretty bland. Healthy choice though. 

Overall I would give Bear Flag a 3/5. It's a little more expensive than other poke places, but the ahi was very fresh and flavorful. They do need to improve on the sides though and it would be nice if toppings were available. 



No comments:

Post a Comment