Monday, November 16, 2015

CaliPoke - Costa Mesa

2930 Bristol Street
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Hours: 11:30am to 9:00pm daily
CaliPoke is a new poke shop that just opened up in the LAB by South Coast Plaza. The ambiance is nice and they have plenty of seating. If you check-in on Yelp, you get a complimentary soda! And for a Yelp review your next bowl is 50% off, which is a great deal.

I went with my usual order of a regular bowl with salmon, yellow tail, toppings, and their spicy original sauce. What's different here compared to other poke shops is that they have garlic chips, which I haven't seen before. They put everything in a bowl and mix it up to place on top of the rice. I really like the yellow tail option here, it was fresh. However, the salmon had a stink and left a bad aftertaste, an indication of unfresh fish. This was about $8.

Overall I would give CaliPoke a 3/5. The flavor was good and they have a wider selection of fish to choose from. The employees were also very friendly and I liked that there was a lot of room to sit. I just wish that their fish quality was a little better and I would definitely come back more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment