Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Water Grill - Costa Mesa

3300 Bristol Street
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Hours: 11am to 11pm





















Normally I would avoid restaurants like Water Grill that seem overpriced, but my mom wanted to try it out so we decided to go on a Monday around 6:30PM.

Bread & Butter (4/5): i really liked the cheesy bread they give you at the beginning, different than other places that just give you plain breads.

Clam Chowder (4/5): this was pretty tasty, it's more of a thin soup than your regular clam chowder but I enjoyed it. If you're sharing they'll even split it into two bowls for you which is nice.

Ceviche (3/5): I was a little bummed out that they ran out of the pink sea bream ceviche in the smaller 1 pound portion considering it was a Monday night. So we went with the other kind of fish which was fresh, but a little too overpowered with lemon. The presentation is great though.

Lobster Roll (3/5): We opted for the warm style lobster roll, which was good but nothing special. The fries were yummy.

Overall Water Grill is a 4/5. We paid around $100 for two people, which personally is too pricey for me. The ambiance is really nice, the food was good, and customer service was excellent. I really liked that the waitress noticed I was wearing black denim and offered me a black napkin to place on my lap instead of getting white lint all over my pants. If you have the money to spend you should go here. Valet is $6 after 4PM, and is the only option unless you want to park across the street at South Coast and walk over.

No comments:

Post a Comment