Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Shuck Oyster Bar - Costa Mesa

3313 Hyland Ave
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Hours: 11am to 9pm






















Also located in the SOCO plaza is Shuck Oyster Bar, one of the best spots for fresh oysters in Orange County.

Oysters (5/5): They always have a wide variety of fresh oysters! On the pricey side at about $3-4 each, but so good. If you come for happy hour I believe it's a half dozen for $15. The Royal Miyagi is my favorite so far, but I've never had a bad oyster here so you can't go wrong with any of them. Just ask your server what you prefer and they'll recommend the perfect oyster for you.

Grilled Cheese (4/5): everyone raves about their grilled cheese so I had to try it, it was so good I got another order!

Clam Chowder (3/5): this was good but we all agreed it was sweeter than we would have liked.

Uni Pasta (3/5): I was really excited for this because it had squid ink noodles which are my favorite, but it just tasted like regular cream pasta so I would pass on this.

Fish and Chips (4/5): solid dish, very easy to eat since the fish comes in small bite-sized pieces. Fries were tasty as well.

Overall I give Shuck Oyster Bar a 4/5. For a group of five utilizing the oyster happy hour deal, the total was $120 which isn't too bad. They don't charge a corkage fee so feel free to bring your own bottles of wine! Customer service was good for the most part. If you're craving fresh oysters and have money to spend this is the spot for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment