Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Pueblo - Costa Mesa

3321 Hyland Ave, Ste D
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Hours: 11am to 10:30pm

After hearing raving reviews of Pueblo, it was at the top of my foodie list to go check it out. Made reservations for a Friday night and was promptly seated. It's a very small, intimate restaurant that's perfect for a date night or celebrating a special occasion.

Costilla (5/5): Crispy pork ribs cooked to perfection, these were so tasty and unlike any ribs I've had before. The green beans were delicious too. Highly recommend ordering this. $12

Montadito de Costilla (4/5): Short rib two ways on crunchy toast. This was good too, but nothing special. Just imagine regular short rib on top of a cracker. $14

Seafood Paella (4/5): Perfect to share between 2 people. It tasted even better the next day! I believe it was around $25-30.

Mar y Montana (2/5): This was the only dish we didn't really enjoy. The scallops were perfect, but the pork belly was way too salty almost the the point of inedible. $16

Shrimp (5/5): So delicious, a must try! I'm not usually a big fan of shrimp but this was A+.

Octopus (3/5): Average, I would probably skip on ordering, great presentation though.

Bone Marrow (5/5): This was really delicious, loved the chutney on top. $16

Queso Fundido (4/5): Good, but I wish there was more sweetness or honey in it. $9

Overall Pueblo gets a 5/5 for me. I loved the dark, romantic ambiance and the food was just excellent. Customer service was attentive as well and we never felt rushed even though there were many people waiting to dine. I would highly recommend making a reservation as the restaurant probably seats about 30-40 people.

No comments:

Post a Comment