Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Bosscat Kitchen & Libations - Newport Beach

4647 Macarthur Blvd.
Newport Beach CA 92660
Hours 11:00am-11:00pm or later


After seeing so many good reviews about their Sunday brunch, I decided to come here for my birthday. The ambience is what I like about Bosscat. It's decorated nicely, but doesn't feel too pretentious and has an open layout. I had a party of 8, which requires picking four entrees served family style with all you can drink mimosas and bloody marys for $25 a person. We ordered:

Sticky Bun Burger (3.5/5): I thought this was really interesting, and it was good to me because I love cinnamon buns...and partially because I was on a good buzz. 

Short Rib Chilaquiles (4/5): Can't really go wrong with short rib. 

Crawfish & Bacon Ramen Scramble (1.5/5): If you're Asian like me, don't get this. Very basic instant ramen dish. 

Oreo Custard Stack (1/5): The biggest disappointment of all. It looked so good in pictures, but it was salty and got hard pretty fast. 

*I was really bummed out that they stopped making their Fruity Pebbles French Toast that everyone was raving about on Yelp. I guess they change some of their menu every month, but I feel like popular items should be permanent.

Overall I would give Bosscat a 3.5/5 mostly for the ambience. Food was just okay, and served in VERY small portions. I had to split the burger four ways since they only gave us two for 8 people. $30 including tip for Sunday brunch is a little too much considering how little food you get. If it's your birthday they set up a nice sign for your table and give you a free breakfast shot, which includes maple bourbon with oj and a piece of bacon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment