Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Anjin - Costa Mesa

3033 Bristol Street Suite N
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Hours: 5:00pm to 1:00am daily


Anjin is one of the top rated Japanese BBQ restaurants in Orange County. I used to come here a lot when I was younger and it was pretty good. But coming back recently after 5 years, I noticed that the quality of the meat isn't as good as it was before. I don't exactly remember everything I ordered, but it included:

Premium Kalbi, Regular Kalbi, Beef Tongue, and Intestine (3/5): It didn't taste much different from when I make it at home, which was pretty disappointing as Anjin is not cheap. 

Cold Noodles (3/5): This was just okay, the brother didn't have that much flavor. 

Beef Carpaccio (4/5): A lot of people order this, and it was pretty good. Just be sure to squeeze lemon all over it. 

Overall I would give Anjin a 3/5. It's just not that good anymore and quality of meat has clearly gone down while the price has gone up. I would recommend going to Tsuruhashi instead for the price, or even Gyu-kaku if you don't wanna spend too much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment