Monday, October 5, 2015

Urban Seoul - Irvine

2750 Alton Parkway, Suite 131
Irvine, CA 92606
Hours 11:30am to 3:00 pm 
           5:00pm to 11:00pm daily


Urban Seoul is one of my favorite places to celebrate Taco Tuesday. Asian Fusion is not an easy flavor to get right, but this place does it well. My first time I ordered the pork belly tacos and loaded fries, since those seemed to be the most popular dishes. Since then, I have also tried the other taco flavors and most of the other appetizers and entrees as well. 

Pork Belly Tacos (3/5): If you like fatty meat, then this will be perfect for you. Comes with crispy and fatty pork belly pieces topped with their signature slaw. Compared to the other tacos, this was probably my least favorite.

Gogi Tacos (4.5/5): These are my absolute favorite here, the meat is nice and tender and the sweetness perfectly balances the spicy flavors. 

Spicy Pork Tacos (4/5): My second favorite taco, highly recommend for those who love spicy food.

Gogi Quesadilla (4/5): A simply, but really good dish. I love the kimchi sour cream that comes with it.

Loaded Fries (2/5): This was just okay for me, had too much going on and it wasn't anything memorable about it.

Bibimbap (1/5): For those who like to eat healthy, I guess this would be for you. Tasted very plain and the sauce didn't do much for the dish no matter how much I put on it. Basically like eating rice with bland vegetables on top.

Overall, Urban Seoul gets a 3.5/5 for me. The food and customer service used to be fantastic, but recently it has gone downhill. They raised their prices while lowering the quality of their customer service, which is sad but happens to a lot of places that become popular. I still occasionally come for their Taco Tuesday when I have random cravings for it, and it is cheaper at $1.75 per taco. 

No comments:

Post a Comment