Monday, October 5, 2015

Las Brisas - Laguna Beach

361 Cliff Drive
Laguna Beach, CA 92651
Hours 8:00am to 10:00pm daily


I've always walked past Las Brisas whenever I went to Laguna Beach, but never tried it out due to hearing about how overpriced it was. One day, I got the opportunity to attend a birthday dinner here. After pouring through Yelp, I was hesitant about what to order since there were so many mixed reviews. 

Frutas Del Mar (3.5/5): I decided to go with the waiter's recommendation, but subbed the rice for pasta. Surprisingly, the dish was yummy and I enjoyed all of the seafood inside. However, it is definitely not worth $40.

Guacamole (4/5): It's hard to mess up guacamole, but wish the chips and salsa were complimentary since everything is so pricey.

Ceviche (3/5): Good, solid ceviche.

Mussels (3/5): Tasty, nothing special though.

New York Steak & Shrimp (3/5): Just your average steak and shrimp, mashed potatoes were bland.

Overall I would give Las Brisas a 3/5. The food was better than I expected, but definitely overpriced. I guess you have to keep in mind that you are also paying for the view when you come here. This is a great spot for a romantic sunset dinner or celebrating a birthday, but I wouldn't come back unless the prices were lowered.

No comments:

Post a Comment