Wednesday, March 11, 2015

BurntZilla - Irvine

14413 Culver Drive
Irvine, CA 92604
Hours 10:00AM to 10:00PM daily

After hearing a lot of good things, I was really excited to hear that Dogzilla and The Burnt Truck were coming together as BurntZilla. Went on a saturday night and the line wasn't too long, the employees were really friendly, and I loved the open layout of the store. 

I got the Golden Combo for $10 which came with a drink, choice of 2 dogs or zillas, and a side.  

Berry Tea (4/5): I loved the berry puree mixed in with the tea, it was a tasty and refreshing drink. 50 cents upgrade. 

Sloppy Joe Zilla (2/5): Meh this was just ok, I didn't really like it though reviews said it was good. 

Dogzilla (3/5): This was good, but the sausage was bordering on cold which made it unpleasant to eat. 

Carne Asada Tots (3/5): I upgraded to these since everyone was raving about it, but found it to be just average. $1 extra. 

Overall I would give BurntZilla a 2/5. The food wasn't as great as I thought it would be, and the fact that everything is served on a Kings Hawaiian bun makes me feel like I'm having too much sweet food for dinner. For $10, I would rather go somewhere else because my meal wasn't filling at all. If I didn't have a bogo combo coupon I would've left very disappointed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment