Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Afters Ice Cream - Fountain Valley

18030 Brookhurst St
Fountain Valley, CA 92708 
Hours 12:00 PM to 9:00 PM 

After hearing all the hype about their Milky Bun, which is ice cream in a donut, I had to go and try it out for myself. Depending on what time you go, there can be up to an hour wait so you might want to go at an off time. I've been here three times so far and have only experienced a long wait at noon. 

Milky Bun (2.5/5): It was good for the first two bites, but then I found it to be very greasy and heavy. If you really love donuts I would say try it, if not, just stick with their ice cream. 

Jasmine Milk Tea (3/5): Nice creamy ice cream with a hint of jasmine tea flavor. 

Cookie Monster (3/5): Basically cookies and cream ice cream with blue food coloring. 

Milk & Cereal (5/5): I was pretty disappointed with Afters, but this flavor really made up for my first two experiences. Milky flavor with crushed corn flakes throughout and topped with more corn flakes (pictured above). It was absolutely delicious and my new favorite ice cream flavor! 

The price for a scoop of ice cream is $3.50 and $5.00 for the milky bun. I would give Afters a 4/5 just because they have Milk & Cereal. I also like that they have a lot of interesting and new flavors like Churro and Triple C. It might be difficult to find the first time because they only have a small sign that says ICE CREAM above their store, but it's right next to the Pick Up Stix in the plaza. 

No comments:

Post a Comment